I’m in denial about the fact that my vacation is almost over, so I’m focusing on more positive things, like the fresh start I get tomorrow. But before I move on to goals and resolutions, I thought I’d look back on the past year and some of the highlights (and lowlights).
- I married my favorite person in the world.
- I got to celebrate that marriage with friends and family from all over the country.
- I ran my first 5k.
- I did a lot more yoga.
- I got better at cooking.
- I cut down on dining out.
- I got better at packing for conferences.
- I finally weaned myself off of Clinique’s Clarifying Lotion and now use something from Target that saved me at least 20 bucks this year.
- I read 53 books.
- I ate some excellent food.
- We had to move unexpectedly.
- Our town got hit by a tornado.
- I developed a new and as-yet-undiagnosed lung problem.
- I hurt my knee training for the 5k.
- I found a dead mouse in the kitchen sink.
Not bad, right? I’m sure there are things I’ll wish I had mentioned later, but it’s clear that the good far outweighed the bad and the ugly this year. Although, let’s be reasonable: a dead mouse in the kitchen sink is really ugly.
I’m still working on my goals for 2009, but I have plenty of time left to figure those out. Just for Matt, I think I’ll include “Go through my mail on a (semi-)regular basis.”