I think we may have used the last of the turkey in tonight’s turkey bulgurritos. I also think that I perfected my bulgurrito recipe, so it was kind of a win win situation
This was an awesome 15 minute meal, which I needed because I am so tired these days. In case you can’t see what’s in there, I’ll break it down for you: spinach, turkey bulgurrito filling (see below), cheese, salsa.
To make the filling:
- Bring 1 part bulgur and 2 parts water or broth to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of frozen corn, cumin, and about 2 tbsp lime juice. Continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add 1 can of drained, rinsed beans. I always use black beans because I spent about 22 years believing I hated them and then I realized I was wrong. So now I try to make up for it by eating them several times a week.
- Add turkey. Or chicken. Or nothing. This step is optional.
- Mix it all up and cook over low until heated through. Add more cumin to taste. It should look like this:
So there you go. My secret bulgurrito recipe. It feels so good to pass it on
While I’m glad that we have finally finished the turkey, potatoes, and pie, it’s sad to say my final goodbyes to T-Day 2k8. It makes me want to plan some kind of Christmas meal that will also last for days and days. Because we’ve really saved some money by not having to grocery shop this week.
Which reminds me: we are not grocery shopping this week. Putting all of our food in mouse-proof boxes has made me realize that we have a ton of things we need to use up before we have room for more. Between that and the Thanksgiving cornucopia and the fact that we have a couple of meals out planned, we decided to skip a week of grocery shopping. Which has already failed slightly, because I had to have Matt buy me some tortillas for my lunches. So let’s say we decided to spend less than ten dollars on groceries this week. Let’s see how that goes.